Para Español Presione Aqui
POLICIES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022
READ AND SIGN BEFORE REGISTERING YOUR CHILD
IN THE SCHOOL OR ANY PROGRAM ASSOCIATED
VISCB is a private school and as such it has the right to make its own policies which will prevail upon any circumstances that could affect the well being of its personnel, staff, and educators in order to properly fulfill their responsibilities with the students. The school has the right to reject, expell, dismiss any student who, along with his/her parents, do not follow the strict policies of the school.
COVID LIABILITY STATEMENT
The health and safety of our students, parents, teachers, and staff are of the utmost importance to Vladimir Issaev School of Classical Ballet and Arts Ballet Theatre of Fl, so we will be adhering to the CDC's Covid-19 and Florida State guidelines.
AS A PRIVATE SCHOOL WE WILL ENFORCE OUR OWN RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN AND ADULTS.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 CONTINUES TO exist in any public place where people are present.
Vladimir Issaev School of Classical Ballet has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you/YOURCHILD will not become infected with COVID-19.
By taking classes at Vladimir Issaev School of Classical Ballet, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19 and will hold VISCB harmless from any liability of a lawsuit (if) sometime thereafter your child/the student contracts the Covid 19 virus.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I, my child, or anyone that accompanies me to any activity related to VISCB and ABTF, may be exposed to COVID-19. Such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
VLADIMIR ISSAEV SCHOOL OF CLASSICAL BALLET
All VISCB students are required to wear appropriate assigned attire to class (es) and will not be allowed to participate in class if attire or hair are not worn correctly.
Attention: No correct uniform = No class
NO SHORTS or T-SHIRTS ARE ALLOWED in class.
Dance attire and ballet shoes should NEVER be worn outside. Please, have your child arrive and leave the studio wearing regular shoes and warm–up clothing. (shorts, pants, skirt or similar).
HAIR: Must always be in a neat and secure bun w/hair net, gel and pins.
NO CORRECT BUN = NO CLASS
Children will be asked to leave the class if bun is not secure.
“How to Make a Bun” handouts are available at the front desk and store.
If time permits, store personnel can make your child’s bun for $5.00.
A tutorial video is available “ How to make a bun” https://studio.youtube.com/video/M6_4O4KFYaU/edit
TIGHTS: Pink Ballet (non-shiny) tights. Always clean and in good condition.
SHOES: Pink canvas split sole ballet shoes w/ laces tucked in and students name written inside.
Professional Division students will require sewn ribbons on their shoes.
NO leather shoes. Label your child’s shoes.
The school is not responsible for any items left behind
Solid color leotard noted below, pink tights, pink canvas ballet slippers
Lilac Leotard – no skirt
• Musical Kinder 1 & 2
Pink Leotard – no skirt
• Pre-Ballet 1 & 2
Black Leotard – no skirt
• Ballet 1 & 2
Black Leotard – no skirt
• Youth Ballet
Green Leotard – no skirt
NO JEWELRY, TUTUS, DECORATED LEOTARDS
PROFESSIONAL DIVISION - SELECTED STUDENTS
Solid color leotard noted below with VISCB logo, pink tights, pink canvas ballet slippers w/ ribbons
Any classes taking pointe technique will require a white rehearsal tutu or Ballewear Ombre (white/blue) for pointe and/or variation class.
• Vaganova 1
White Leotard – attached skirt
• Vaganova 2
Light Blue Leotard – attached skirt
• Vaganova 3
Royal Blue Leotard – no skirt
• Vaganova 4A
Dark rose Leotard – no skirt
• Vaganova 4B
Burgundy Leotard – no skirt
• Vaganova 5 and up
Black Leotard – black skirt allowed
White Tank, black or gray tights, white socks, Black or white canvas ballet slippers.
Uniform, Black chiffon skirt, black character shoes
School T-shirt, black school leggings, and nude Apolla socks Performer.
FOR ALL CLASSES HAIR MUST BE IN A BUN – NO SHORTS OR T-SHIRTS ALLOWED for Ballet Classes
TUITION AND PAYMENTS
• All fees and payments are non-refundable under any circumstances. There are no refunds or pro-rated tuition for missed classes, personal holidays, vacations, or cancelled classes due to any act of God (a natural hazard outside human control, such as a hurricane, floods, earthquake or tsunami, or other natural disasters for which no person can be held responsible, world pandemic) or any acts of terrorism or for any tuition paid in advanced.
• Tuition payments are monthly, (regardless of the length of the month). Tuition is not based in the amount of classes.
• Tuition is due on the 1st of every month and is late by the 5th of every month. There is a $20 late fee for every week tuition is late added to your account after the 5th.
• If you cannot make your tuition payment in the time allotted for whatever reason, contact the school office immediately.
• We accept these types of payment: Cash, ZELLE©, Check to VISCB, VISA, MASTER CARD, Discover ONLY –
Sorry, No AMERICAN EXPRESS
• Medical documentation is required in order to waive tuition in case of major injury.
Medical clearance from the doctor will be necessary to come back to class after an injury.
• Registration fee and first month tuition is due at time of registration.
• Automatic Payment Services are highly recommended. Charges will be made on the 1st of the month.
• August tuition and May tuition are 75% of the value of the month.
• Students with past due tuitions, will be unable to take class. They will be asked to sit and observe the class.
• Students still have to pay full tuition if they miss a month as his/her space is being honored.
NOTE: NOT COMING TO CLASS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE WITHDRAWN YOUR CHILD FROM THE SCHOOL
Charges will continue to be made until written notice of withdrawing is received. Please, check withdraw policies for details.
• After tuition is more than 10 days late, checks will not be accepted. Only credit cards or cash.
• All unpaid monies will be sent to a collection agency.
• Tuition and fees are NOT tax deductible.
TUITION & FEES
• Tuition is due on the first of: Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., May & June (these two last months must be paid together)
• Tuition amount will be calculated at time of registration depending on the level.
• Automatic Payments will be processed on the first of each month. Charges are subject to a Declined Fee if such is the case.
• Payments over the phone or in person should be made during administrative hours: Monday through Friday from 11 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays between 9 am and 2 pm. No payments will be accepted after administrative hours.
• Payments are also accepted by sending a check via regular mail. -
Checks must be made to VISCB
• TUITION AND FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE
• Registration Fee - at time of registration
$40.00 – per student/no family discount
• Automatic Payment Service Fee
$3.00 to $5.00
• Phone Payment Service Fee
• Late Tuition Payment Fee
$20.00 for every week tuition is late.
• Charges will be automatically made between the 6th and the 8th of the month if tuition is not paid on time to your credit card of file. Declined and fee will be applied if unable to make charges.
• End of year Recital Performance Fee
DUE OCTOBER 1st - $100.00 CASH or ZELLE© ONLY**
and $50.00 additional per sibling performing.
This fee only covers the right to perform at the End of the School Year performance
This fee is charged October 1st for all students in Musical Kinder 1 and above.
• Costume Fee for End of Year Recital
DUE NOVEMBER 1st $80.00 - $100 per costume – CASH or ZELLE© ONLY
This fee is charged November 1st for all students in Musical Kinder 1 and above.
• Toddlers Costume Fee
DUE NOVEMBER 1st $60
• Costume Fee Late Charge
$15.00 to $25.00 After December 1st.
• Late Pick-Up or Early Drop off Fee
$20.00 for every 10 mins.
• Check Returned Fee
• Declined Credit Card Fee
STUDENT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN CLASS IF TUITION IS NOT PAID BY THE 5th
STUDIO RULES AND ETTIQUETTE
School registration can only be done by a parent or legal guardian. Nannies, grandparents, or siblings will be unable to register a child. For student division, a copy of your child’s birth certificate must be brought at the time of registration to verify age.
Students should arrive 10 to 15 mins prior to their class in their warm-ups over their ballet clothes and shoes. All students must sign-in at the front desk. Parents of Toddlers and Musical Kinder students must sign in their children at the front desk each day they come to class. Both parent and student must know the student’s level, schedule and teachers name. Patiently wait for your child’s teacher to call and line up their class by the reception area. Signing in as attendance control will be taken into consideration for evaluations.
TRANSPORTATION: It is absolutely prohibited for a minor to use the services of Uber, Lyft or taxis at any time. If using public transportation, a parent must sign a release authorization and indicate the public transportation to be used by the child, times and days.
No cell phone usage is allowed by neither students or parents in the school area. Calls can be taken outside. No cell phones or electronic devices are allowed in the classroom. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
VISCB offers dressing rooms for both women and men in the professional division only. Student Division students should already come dressed for class. Parents will not be allowed to use the dressing rooms to change the children. This is to respect the privacy of older children using the dressing room. Young students must come in ready for class.
Due to COVID-19 no use of dressing room is allowed at the moment.
Please update all student information regularly. Information will be sent via e-mail only. Make sure your e-mail is always up-to-date. Our teachers have a busy schedules. If a parent wishes to communicate with a teacher they must request an appointment by the front desk or via email. Calling ahead of time is always preferred. You can text (no calls) via WhatsApp to 305 948 4777 ( no calls via WhatsApp, please )
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Community Service hours will only be accepted when students volunteer for Arts Ballet Theatre of Florida. Students must keep track of their hours. When a letter of volunteered work recognition is needed, the request must be made by e-mail. Including: Name and address of school, number of hours completed. In-Kind and Cash donations are welcome.
Students, parents and guardians are expected to behave in a disciplined and responsible manner, with respect to all instructors, staff and fellow students. VISCB reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any individual (student or their parents/guardians) whose conduct, or attitude is found to be unsatisfactory or expresses poorly about other students, parents, teachers or any member of the staff or the school in general.
Students in the Professional Division should greet and bow to their instructors and pianists at the start and at the end of each class.
DUE TO COVID-19 - Parents / Visitors are not allowed inside the classrooms, bathrooms, or in teaching area. They should be dropped off at the reception area and the teacher will come to pick them up right before the class starts. Late comers must be signed in and wait until a teacher assistant or the receptionist has a moment to bring them into the classroom. Students will not be allowed in class if arriving more than 5 minutes after the class has started to avoid interruptions and due to respect to the teacher and for the ones arriving on time.
If you believe you will be arriving late, and you insist in having your child in class, it will be your responsibility if an injury occurs. Teachers are not responsible for any injury caused as a result of proper warm up exercises during the first minutes of the class. Teacher will release younger students by the reception area or outside the studio doors after each class.
Temperature will continue to be taken and children will be asked to use hand sanitizer
Students will constantly be receiving corrections from the teachers. Such corrections might be individually or as a group but always in front of his/her peers as dance corrections are meant to be taken by all students. Teachers have no intention of demining or humiliating any student.
NOTE: During class, the teacher might physically manipulate the students during class in order to obtain better results. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not register your child in this school.
There are cameras in all classrooms and hallways to ensure the safety of both children and students.
Students will be evaluated twice a year during open classes. Final student placement is at the sole discretion of the Artistic Director. Attendance will be taken into consideration for evaluations. Not signing in at arrival at the studio, will be considered a non-excused absentee.
PLACEMENT: Students are PLACED in the level they work at their best and individual development.
Ballet students DO NOT FLUNK, Ballet students are asked to CONTINUE in a level in order to make best progress.
Bathrooms are for VISCB Students ONLY! To keep high sanitary standards and for the safety of the minors, parents and siblings are not allowed to use our bathrooms. We apologize for the inconveniences this may cause.
FOOD AND DRINKS
Absolutely no food or drinks (with exception of water) are allowed inside the studios. We sell a variety of snacks in the front desk area as a fundraiser. Snacks can only be purchased after a child’s class not before.
• Attendance will be taken under consideration for further placement of the child, roles in performances and evaluations. Missing classes or rehearsal will jeopardize the place of the student in the dance.
• Punctuality is a must! Students are expected to arrive 15 mins before class to warm up their muscles and avoid injuries.
• Immediately upon arrival students must sign in and are expected to attend all classes as scheduled.
• No student will be allowed in class 5 minutes after it has begun. This will be strictly enforced. We do not want a student to attain an injury. Late arrival students will not be as warmed up as the rest of the class. That is a very easy way to get injured.
• Parents are NOT allowed to walk their child into the classrooms. If you arrive after the class has gone inside you will have to wait for a VISCB staff member to take your child to the class.
• There are no make-up classes. If a student misses their class they will be unable to make it up and tuition pro-rations will NOT be made. Each class has a specific number of students. We are proud of maintaining class integrity.
• For safety reasons, it is just as vital to pick-up your child on time after class as it is for them to arrive on time to class. There is a late-pick up fee of $20.00 for every 10 mins you are late. A notification of lateness is appreciated.
• Students may not use class time to engage in other activities such as homework or using their cells.
VERY IMPORTANT: WITHDRAWAL POLICIES
All withdrawals must be done in writing; either a hand written letter or an e-mail to: specifying the students name and reason for withdrawal. All withdrawals must be received 7 days before the 1st of the upcoming month. Students whose letter is received after the 1st of the month will be responsible for that month’s tuition regardless of attendance or not. Parents will be financially responsible for their child’s tuition until withdrawal letter is received. The school is honoring your child’s spot in the class until notified otherwise.
We greatly appreciate your suggestions and welcome the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress or problems at any time.
If you have any complaints or disagreements during the school year, we would really appreciate you contacting us before making any comments to an unauthorized person.
You can always contact the school by calling: 305.948.4777 OR email
The school reserves the right to cancel enrollment of any child for unpaid tuition.
The school reserves the right to terminate a child from school, if in the opinion of the Administrator and/or Director it is in the best interest of the child/parents or the school.
The school reserves the right to terminate a child from the school if the student, parents or guardian does not behave in a disciplined and responsible manner, with respect to all instructors, staff and fellow students.
The school reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any individual (student or their parents/guardians) whose conduct, or attitude is found to be unsatisfactory or expresses poorly about other students, parents, teachers or any member of the staff or the school in general.
The school reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any individual (student or their parents/guardians) who is in any way involved with alcohol or drugs, inside or outside the studio and/or while registered as students of Vladimir Issaev School of Classical Ballet.
All individuals will abide by Florida law, federal law regarding intoxicants, narcotics, and drugs. VISCB prohibits the illegal or unauthorized consumption, possession, or sale of alcohol or alcoholic beverages or other drugs, narcotics or any other type of drugs among students inside or outside the studio o involved in any incident regarding such at any place and time.
PERFORMANCES AND END OF YEAR RECITAL
Costumes paid after December 1st may not arrive on time for photos or recital as VISCB is not responsible for vendors receiving late orders.
VISCB students are offered many performance opportunities throughout the year.
DUE TO COVID-19 performances at theaters are limited in space and capacity until further notice.
• Students are expected to participate in the end of the school year Recital as part of their training.
• Students who register after January will be able to participate in the recital upon approval of the teachers.
• Students are expected to attend all regular classes. 3 missed classes may result in removal from final performance.
• Additional rehearsals will be necessary and students will be required to attend all rehearsals.
PARENTS AND STUDENTS ARE TO OBSERVE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR RECITAL,
failure to this will be subject to dismissal from the school for the following years.
EVENTUALLY AND AS A COURTESY you may receive:
1 Program Book – an electronic file or link with access to a PDF copy.
1 Recital Video – ONLY online downloadable copies with a code to protect the privacy of the children.
IF POSSIBLE, 1 Group* Picture per student – ELECTRONIC FILE ONLY. (additional group pictures $5)
For Individual pictures you must contact the photographer directly.
Recital tickets are not included – They must be purchased separately
All Professional Division students are required to perform in some or all of the ABTF’s programs.
Selected students of the Student Division may be invited to participate in some of the performances of the professional company Arts Ballet Theatre of Florida
A performance fee is required for each program.
Musical Kinder 2 to Vaganova 1: $100.00
Vaganova 2 , Vaganova 3 : $120.00
Vaganova 4 and Vaganova 5 and up : $150.00
Please, do not confuse the ABTF Performance fee with the School end of year Performance Fee.
If participating in the Nutcracker, both fees are due October 1st.
ABTF COMPANY PERFORMANCE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE -
Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
Oct. 2 & 3, 2021
Oct. 10, 2021
Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
December 7 – 12, 2021
December 15– 19, 2021
Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
March 5 & 6, 2022
March 13, 2022
Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
April 23, 2022
April 24, 2022
VISCB follows the same holiday schedule as Dade County Public Schools with the exception of legal holidays that fall on Monday’s. A copy of our full calendar can be found on our website: - calendar is subject to change
Changes in the calendar or class schedule if any, will be announced via email.
There are no make-up classes.
Below are important dates you should familiarize yourself with:
First day of classes
Monday, August 16, 2021
Thursday, November 25 through Saturday, November 28th, 2021
Saturday, December 19, 2021 thru Sunday, January 3, 2022
CLOSED ON MEMORIAL DAY
Monday May 30th, 2022
Sunday, March 20 thru Sunday, March 27, 2022
Toddlers Recital (In Studio) – May 29, 2022
MANDATORY REHEARSAL for the Recital - TBD
End of year Recital - TBD
Last day of classes
June 11, 2022
Summer Camp – Session 1 - TBD
Summer Camp – Session 2- TBD
Summer Intensive TBD
Monday July 5, 2022 through Saturday July 30, 2022